Monday, July 28, 2014

July 2014

The girls and I had so much fun at VBS last month that when I was asked to help out with preschool music camp, I jumped at the chance.  The camp was 4 days and went from 9-2.  Although, I was done by lunch every day except Thursday, performance day. The kids learned 6 songs and did a program for their parents at the end of the last day of camp.  Hannah and Abigail had so much fun, but it was definitely hard on Abigail to mess with her nap schedule. They laid down in her room, but she never really slept. The theme was Kids Under Construction.  Hannah's teacher accidentally wrote her name on her costume so she got to keep it.  Oops!  All in all it was a great experience and I will gladly work next year if I'm asked. =)



We were hanging out with my family on 4th of July and I asked my mom to take a few family photos.  It was hot and we didn't want to frustrate the girls so we only spent about 10 minutes.  These may not be the best shots technically speaking but I LOVE THEM!  They are real and genuine.  Hannah was not feeling the camera love that day, but Abigail was being a total flirt! These are just my 2 favs.



Lately I've tried to be more intentional in our play activities, especially with Abigail.  When Hannah was 2, I worked with her all the time to learn her letters.  Not so much this time around.  Abigail is just as smart as Hannah and the same desire to learn.  She's known about half the capital letters for quite a while (most of which she picked up on her own or from Hannah).  After a few fun learning games she now knows all but about 4 or 5.

And Hannah is reading or trying to read everything she can get her hands on.  As she told my mom the other day "Grammy my only problem with reading is that I can't stop!"  He he, so cute and VERY true!  Lots of readers in the family on both sides!  =)

A few weeks ago we decided to get out all the art supplies.  Neither of the girls really enjoy being messy and we're attempting to teach them it's OK to get dirty.  Happy to report that they both did paint and get dirty, but it was not their favorite.  Next time we will try painting with brushes.  Both thoroughly enjoyed the chalk!  Fun times!
 

No comments: