Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Coming Soon....a Four Legged Friend



No it's not a rat, it's a sphynx kitten.  This little guy is 3 weeks old and still has some growing to do before he can come home (9 more weeks).

Here's the back story:  Nathan and I both love cats, grew up with them, but have some allergy issues.  When we first got married we didn't want to pay a pet deposit, then we were settling into our house, and then we had babies.  We'd occasionally talk about getting a cat, but it wasn't the right time and we didn't want to deal with the hair or allergies.  Nathan always made sure to point out we could get a hairless cat and I would immediately and loudly say NO!  They look like naked rats.  In fairness this was the only sphynx I had ever seen.


Fast forward to last summer, we took the girls to the pet store just to walk around and got to pet some cute kittens.  So on the way home I said "If it weren't for not wanting hair in my house I'd have taken one home."  With 3 girls we have more than enough hair already.  =) Nathan again suggests the hairless cat (yes 10 years later...he's a broken record).  So I asked him if he was really serious that we could get a sphynx.  He said yes and even had a friend from work that had one.  So I did a Google search a realized not all sphynx cats were pink or ugly.  We also went to visit his friend's kitties (he actually has 2).  They were very cute, friendly,  and soft!

Since we had to go through a breeder that means a more expensive price tag.  YIKES!  Hence the many months between falling in love with the sphynx breed and actually getting one.  =P  We can't wait to bring home our little "fuzzy" friend.

1 comment:

Neesie said...

I'm glad you guys are finally taking the plunge into being owned by a cat. I know that Nathan had some kitty friends when he was younger & his Dad & I both love cats. Best of luck & can't wait to go along for the journey!