Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 2016

This month has flown by...with Abigail's birthday, school starting, and activities starting up again. We've actually had a gradual start to all most of our activities which has been nice.  Still can't believe the month is over though.  My mom and I have been putting together the girls photo books (full of 2015 pictures) so no time to actually take pictures.  Everything in today's post is from my phone.  =)

We've had a few afternoons of nice weather, but mostly it's been cold.  We bundle up in jackets, scarves, and hats/hoods while walking to school.  It's 10 minutes one way so not terrible, but I'm always glad to come back home where it's warm.  No crazy snow or ice storms though which is nice.

Speaking of cooler weather, I broke down and bought Domino two fleece shirts from an online vendor that owns sphynx cats.  I swore I wasn't going to spend money to clothe my cat...but it was cold.  And we tried sock sweaters and infant sweaters (all bought really cheap) and they were just not the right size. Thankfully I found a really good sale so I didn't have to spend an arm and a leg.  Domino still isn't sure sure that he likes them though.  =)


When it's sunny in the afternoon the window in Hannah's room is Domino's favorite place to be.



The girls are LOVING the dollhouse my dad built for Christmas.  The play with it all the time.  I enjoy doing some basic school things with Abigail while Hannah is gone.  We don't do it everyday and mix in learning games and crafts too.  Abigail surprised me with how many letters she knew how to write.




When we get home from picking up Hannah from school, we have snack and then a 30 minute quiet time in our rooms.  This gives Hannah a chance to decompress from her day and puts her in a better frame of mind to do homework and Abigail loves it too.  And Mommy has a few more minutes to get something done without being interrupted.  =)  One day I came to tell Hannah it was time to come out and found her playing "school" with her toys.  SO CUTE!  I love that her doll is raising her hand to ask a question.



No comments: