Monday, June 4, 2018

April 2018

I have cousins that live in Arlington (about an hour away) and you would think we'd get together more often.  Sadly we are all busy and it doesn't happen often.  But my aunt and uncle were visiting them so we all got together at my parents house. It was great to see everyone, but my favorite part was the music concert!!  Hannah and my mom played some piano songs, and my sister and cousin Thomas played some cello duets.


My sweet aunt is a former preschool teacher so she always knows where to find fun things for kids. She was sweet enough to bring a box of goodies for my girls filled with notebooks, crayons, and even some Benadaroos or Wikisticks (flexible string wrapped in wax).  The girls love making creations!


Since both girl's birthdays are near Christmas we only ever celebrate with family, everyone else is too busy with holiday plans.  Every other year we try to have a belated party at the park in the spring.  It never fails that the weekend we plan it we get cooler or rainy weather, even it's been 80 the day before.  Such is life in Texas in the spring.  It was sunny and cool but it was CRAZY windy which isn't my favorite day to spend at the park.  The kids however had lots of fun.  I had great intentions of taking pictures and then completely forgot until all by one friend had left.  I was able to score one extra photo from another mom though.  😀  All in all it was a fun day!


Hannah competed in the Jazz festival again this year.  She worked really hard and played very well.  All that hard work payed off because she won 1st place in her division.  I was even able to snag a picture of her with her judge (and her trophy) afterwards.  Way to go Hannah!!

Both girls love singing in choir at church. One of my VERY favorite things they do each year is go visit local senior homes and sing for them.  Their director also challenges the kids to go talk with at least 2 residents afterward and thank them for coming.  I could not love this more!!!

No comments: