Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Abigail Lee McCartney

Sweet Abigail was born January 5, 2012 at 7:21 am. She was 8 pounds 9 oz and 21 inches long. We are already in love and she's only 5 days old! She seems to be a happy content baby so far, much like big sister. My c-section went well and I am recovering slowly. I feel much better than after having Hannah.


Sadly we are also having jaundice issues just like with Hannah. Abigail is a great at nursing, but her bilirubin levels keep going up. Starting this afternoon we are feeding formula only (which means pumping for me) and going for another check tomorrow. If her levels go up again then we have to start some sort of photo therapy. Sadly we've had nothing but rain since we were released from the hospital so we can't let her sunbathe in the window. Please pray that her numbers start to go down.

We are so thankful for my parents who kept Hannah the entire time we were in the hospital. It was nice not to worry about her. They brought her up to visit every day. So far Hannah is adjusting well to being a big sister. It's almost time for her next update so I'll post more details soon. Nathan and I are SO blessed with our sweet girls!


Yes, we plan to take monthly photos with monkey this time too. All the photos in the post were taken by my mom. So thankful she captured these memories!

No comments: