Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January 2017

It seems like this January post sneaks up on me every year.  I get through Christmas and Abigail's birthday and my mom and I start working on the girls photo books. Then before I know it, it's February and I have taken no photos and written zero blog posts.  =(  So I'm writing a brief post of our month's activities and using pictures from my phone.  Next month will be better....or so I keep telling myself.  =P

We actually got a little bit of winter weather. All my weather apps showed 0% chance of precipitation but all the local weather men were saying we would get snow.  It was certainly cold enough for it.  About noon on January 6 we saw teeny tiny snow flurries driving home from Grammy's house.  I really thought that was all we were going to get.  However the flurries got bigger and it snowed for about 4 hours. It was still snowing when it was time to pick Hannah up from school.  We actually walked home in the snow.  Thankfully there was no ice and the roads were just fine the next morning.


Despite our one afternoon of snow, there were many days of nice weather in January.  We enjoyed being able to play outside and not freeze walking to and from school.  Abigail and I met our friend Alexa at the park one morning. Alexa's mom and I met our freshman year at Baylor and have been friends ever since.  So fun to watch our girls develop a friendship too!

I also got to go on a field trip with Hannah's class.  They went to the Outdoor Learning Center.  We walked on the trail through the woods looking for animal habitats.  Then we got to see the animals they keep in cages inside the center.  The kids were looking for different things in each habitat like a place to hide, a lamp to keep warm, plants, etc.  It was a fun trip and I'm so glad I got to join Hannah's class.


No comments: