Monday, May 1, 2017

April 2017

Thankfully we've had lots of nice weather this month.  I always get worried when it warms up early that it will be hot too quickly.  We've had a few cool fronts come through to keep temperatures down.  I actually really love warm spring weather when it's nice enough to enjoy spending time outside without wearing a jacket....and before the awful Texas heat sets in.

My mom and I took Abigail to Duck Creek one Friday while Hannah was in school.  This is a super pretty park/creek in a neighborhood not too far from my parent's house.  There is usually lots of wildlife although we only saw turtles and a few ducks this time.  Abigail enjoyed feeding them though.  =)

Hannah's class went on a field trip to the Dallas Zoo at the beginning of the month.  I had to teach my preschool music class that day and was sad I couldn't go.  But Nathan was able to take off work.  They had a great time and the weather was beautiful!

Hannah had Good Friday and Easter Monday off this year.  We thoroughly enjoyed our four day weekend.  Nathan and my dad had to work, but my sister was off.  Friday we took the girls to play miniature golf. It was so much fun and also quite entertaining.  We tried to help the girls with correct putting form, but they preferred to putt between their legs.  LOL!  We had a great time though.


My mom also got supplies to make resurrection gardens.  Before we made them we read the Easter story from the Jesus Storybook Bible.

That was the extent of our Easter celebrating other that going to church on Sunday. We didn't do any egg hunt or Easter baskets.  We did take pictures of the girls in their dresses.  My mom actually bought these for them last year and they still fit.  Yeah for saving some money!  And I love that they still enjoy wearing matching clothes.  I plan to take advantage as long as they will let me.  LOVE the sweet french braids too...that's Grammy.  I wish I knew how to do them, but I never learned.






Hannah lost tooth number 5 on Easter morning right before we left for church.  It had been loose for several months and was just barely hanging on for almost a week before it finally fell out.

Hannah had her second piano festival last week and this one was also a competition.  Hannah played really really well and she was so excited to win 1st place.  The look on her face when they called her name was priceless!

Our zoo membership expired this month and we decided not to renew it again.  We've kept it for 3 years and now that both girls will be in school we don't have as many opportunities to use it.  And we bought Six Flags memberships last fall.  Those are good until the end of December and then next year we'll pick a new place to join.  There are so many choices in the DFW area!!  We wanted to make one last trip to the zoo before our membership expired so we went on Saturday.  It was hot and humid, but the rain held off and we had a great time.  The brand new hippo exhibit opened the day before.  It is really nice, but sadly the hippos were hiding and we only saw their noses peek up for air.




No comments: