Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 2017

Oh summer, where did you go!!!  We had so much fun this summer and the time just flew by.  I do love the routine and schedule of being in school though.  And since we live in Texas, it still FEELS like summer outside.  It could actually cool off just a little and I'd be happy.  =P

During July and August I had a the girls do a few learning activities so we could use our brains.  We practiced some handwriting, Hannah did some logic puzzles, and both girls did creative writing.  I wanted to make the writing fun so I found some cute prompts on Pinterest and then we listened to classical music while they wrote.  It took 3-4 "writing sessions" to finish their stories because we only wrote for about 15 mins at a time.  Both girls had so much fun though.  Then we decided to type the stories and illustrate them.  They turned so so cute!!  Love their creativity!



It is still crazy to think that both girls are in school this year.  My house is REALLY quiet while they are gone.  They are both having a blast and love their teachers.  I'm getting several things done around the house, but I really miss them while they are gone.  I plan to substitute teach part time at their school this year.  I've only worked one day so far, but it will pick up.  And I think between teaching and some church activities it will be a nice balance between being busy and having time at home alone.

Below are pictures of both girls with their teachers and some of the back to school photos we took with my mom.  We stuck with tradition and did our first day of school pictures a few days before the REAL first day of school. Way less crowded.  We also did an old fashioned photo shoot with Abigail similar to the one we did before Hannah started kindergarten.  Love all these cute photos!

Mrs McCary and Hannah

 Mrs Kirby and Abigail





We celebrated a successful first week of school by going out for a donut breakfast last Saturday.  There's a little donut shop right next to our neighborhood that we like to visit a few times a year.  We definitely limit the amount of sugar the girls eat so it was totally a treat. Making family memories is the best!


No comments: