Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2/12/13

Hannah is definitely a three year old.  Most of the time she's very sweet and cooperative, but she most assuredly trying to test her boundaries.  =)  She really is a sweetie and is usually a very good helper.  She likes order and actually enjoys cleaning up her (and Abigail's) messes.  Hannah has also enjoyed helping my mom with her last few photography challenges.  Don't you just love this!


Sadly, her sleep issues haven't really gotten much better.  She will occasionally sleep all through the night, but more often than not she's up once to go potty.  Of course the nights she sleeps Abigail is up crying or the phone will ring at 2am (really annoying!)

I know I've said it before, but Hannah is such a great big sister.  Abigail ADORES her and follows her everywhere.  And in typical one year old fashion she wants to play with the toy Hannah has.  For the most part Hannah is REALLY REALLY good about sharing and will usually give the toy to Abigail and go find something else.  (And Abigail will then want that toy too!)  Hannah loves to give Abigail kisses and now that Abigail is trying to walk Hannah likes to hold her hand.  Is this not the sweetest thing!



Hannah still loves to learn and has recently started spelling out letters on things.  Of course she doesn't know she's spelling, she just says the letters, and then asks what the word says.  I think there are only 2 or 3 lower case letters she doesn't know and she known her capital letters for a LONG time. 

Hannah is also fascinated by Bible verses (can you hear me shouting HURRAY)!  She is constantly asking us to tell her what things say and read them to her.  If she finds out the words are a Bible verse she will ask us to read more than normal.  And her ability to remember things AMAZES me!  Our church recently launched a big program to get everyone reading scripture daily and not just on Sundays.  They've developed an app and everything.  Each reading plan is 40 days long and we're doing 8 plans throughout the year.  Each plan will also have a theme verse that the church staff is encouraging everyone to memorize.  They have business cards with the verse on them to assist you.  I put my card by my computer so I would see it everyday.  We are working on Colossians 3:16 and my plan was to memorize a phrase a day.  Hannah noticed the card (she notices everything) and asked what it was.  I told her it was a Bible verse and then read it to her.  Well she asked me to read it 5 or 6 times a day for the next week.  Needless to say that DEFINITELY helped me learn it quicker.  And by the end of the week she could hold up the card and "read" it to me.  I think this makes verse number 8 that she has memorized.  I could go on and on about how much this excites me, but I'll stop (for this post anyway).  =)  Nathan video taped Hannah saying this verse so click you want to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whWebX7yeZo

No comments: