Tuesday, December 22, 2009

10 Days Old

I can't believe it's been 10 days since Hannah was born. We seem to be adjusting well to life at home. She still pretty much sleeps all the time and it's often a challenge to keep her awake during feedings. When she is awake she is usually a pretty happy girl. We are enjoying every minute with her! She still LOVES to be swaddled while she sleeps. And no one can swaddle as good as Daddy, I come close but Nathan is by far the master. =)

Yesterday, however was a rough day. She didn't nap well and then was too sleepy to eat well and the cycle continued until about midnight. She did really good during the middle of the night though. Decent feedings and went right to sleep. That meant I could catch a few hours of sleep. My body is definitely looking forward to getting more than 2 hours at a time though! Hopefully today will be a better day!

Saturday night I started running fever so I called the on-call doctor. She sent me to the ER so they could run tests. Everything came back normal and they said the keep an eye on the fever and call if any other symptoms developed. I don't usually run fever during the day, but it creeps up at night. Sure wish I knew what was going on. My surgery recovery is going well and I'm not in a lot of pain. The fever makes me feel awful though, freezing cold and achy all over.

We take Hannah to the doctor tomorrow for her first check up. Nathan and I LOVE our family practice doctor and she sees infants as well so we decided not to find a pediatrician. I plan to say something to her about my fever and see if she has any ideas. We're looking forward to seeing how much weight Hannah has gained and make sure everything else looks good. I'll probably post sometime tomorrow and let you know what we find out.

Prayer Requests:

That my fever will go away or they can figure out what's causing it.
That Hannah will sleep and eat better today.

No comments: